Excursions for your romantic getaway in Salzburg
These beautiful spots create everlasting memories
The world cultural heritage city of Salzburg and its picturesque surroundings have a unique charm and offer you an array of exciting & romantic day trips, making it the ideal destination for your romantic getaway in Salzburg.
Stroll through the quaint little streets of Salzburg's old town and experience its romantic atmosphere. Throughout its history, Salzburg has been strongly influenced by love - such as Mozart's passionate love for music.
Salzburg's most romantic excursions & activities for lovebirds:
- Set off on an excursion through the beautiful countryside in our horse-drawn carriage and listen to your guide's compelling tales of Elixhausen.
- Discover lovely places along the historic romantic Road in the nearby Salzkammergut region.
- Get on board and discover idyllic Lake Wolfgangsee by boat.
- Enjoy the fantastic view from a hot-air balloon flying high above the Salzburg lake district.
- Hike up Mount Mönchsberg located in the old town of Salzburg.
- Discover the unique panoramic view from Mount Gaisberg while enjoying a tasty picnic.
- Attach a love padlock to Makartsteg Bridge and throw its key into the Salzach River... locking your love forever.
- Hop on one of our e-scooters and explore the beautiful countryside.
- Visit the trick fountains in Hellbrunn and take a relaxed walk up to Monatsschlössl chateau.
- Enjoy a romantic boat trip with your sweetheart on Lake Mattsee and Lake Obertrumer See.
- Set off for a torch-lit walk through Teufelsgraben (Devil's Gorge) in Seeham.
- Take a romantic winter walk to Mattsee Chateau.
- Treat yourself to a romantic candlelight dinner on your romantic getaway in Salzburg in one of the cosy lounges of our award-winning GMACHL restaurant.
- Visit the charming Christmas markets in Salzburg and the nearby region: Christmas market Salzburg, Christmas market Hellbrunn, and Christmas market Gut Aiderbichl.
- Take a trip to the deer feeding station in Hintersee.
- Hike up to Hohensalzburg Fortress overlooking Salzburg's entire old town.
- Explore the Salzach River on board the Amadeus riverboat during a holiday for lovers in Salzburg.
We are happy to assist you in planning your romantic holidays in Salzburg. Get in touch with our GMACHL team today and visit the stunning places of excursions for an unforgettable romantic getaway in Salzburg!