The best ski resorts for your ski holidays in Salzburg
Skiing fun round the ski hotel GMACHL
No matter whether you prefer large or small skiing resorts, the Romantik Hotel GMACHL is the right ski hotel for you. You will find all you need for exciting ski holidays in Salzburg nearby.
The skiing resorts guarantee unique winter delights in the midst of imposing, snow-capped mountains. Modern lift facilities, floodlight slopes and snowboard parks can be found throughout the region. And the well-prepared slopes are not only challenges for advanced and professional level skiers. Even beginners can have bags of fun while on ski holidays in Salzburg
Ski resorts near Salzburg
- Untersberg/Grödig: Distance: 23 km; Drive: 19 min. This skiing area is a real insiders' tip and especially suitable for experienced skiers and ski tour enthusiasts: www.groedig.net
- Dürrnberg/Hallein: Distance: 31 km; Drive: 22 min. The Dürrnberg/Hallein ski resort is one of the smaller destinations and especially recommended for families: www.duerrnberg.at
- Gaissau/Hintersee: Distance: 40 km; Drive: 34 min. This family-friendly skiing resort promises fun for all age groups: www.gaissauhintersee.at
- Zwölferkogel in St. Gilgen: Distance: 45 km; Drive: 36 min. This region offers numerous skiing areas for both skiers and snowboarders: www.12erhorn.at
- Abtenau: Distance: 60 km; Drive: 43 min. Abtenau is not only a firm favourite among skiers and snowboarders. It also offers perfect conditions for ice skating and cross-country skiing: karkogel.abtenau-info.at
- Russbach: Distance: 72 km; Drive: 54 min. Perfect slopes for both beginners and professional-level skiers can be found here. The two new fun parks "Rookie" and "Trailerpark" on the Edtalm promise pure adrenaline rushes for snowboarders and free-skiers: www.dachstein.at
- Annaberg: Distance: 83 km; Drive: 54 min. Skiing pleasure for the entire family on roughly 20 km of well-prepared slopes: www.annaberg.info
Salzburg's family skiing aresa Werfen and Bischofshofen
- Bischofshofen: Distance: 62 km; Drive: 42 min. This is where the final event of the "Vierschanzentournee" ski jumping competition is held every year on 6 January. The region offers perfectly prepared slopes, tobogganing tracks, winter hiking tours and cross-country skiing trails: www.bischofshofen.com
- Werfen: Distance: 63 km; Drive: 36 min. Werfen offers fun slopes in the midst of a breathtaking mountain range: www.bergbahnen-werfenweng.com
- Ski amadé - the ultimate skiing area in Salzburg: www.skiamade.com
- Flachau/St. Johann: Distance: 71 km; Drive: 47 min. One ski pass gives you access to 860 km of slopes and more than 270 ski lifts. Valid in the skiing areas Salzburger Sportwelt, Schladming-Dachstein Tauern, Gasteinertal, Grossarltal and Hochkönig's Winterreich: www.alpendorf.com
- Mühlbach: Distance: 74 km; Drive: 101 min. This spacious, family-friendly skiing area at an altitude ranging from 900 m to 2,000 m comes with a snow guarantee: www.hochkoenig.at
Ski resorts in Bavaria
- Berchtesgaden/Rossfeld und Jenner: Distance: 37 km; Drive: 32 min. Here you can enjoy 50 km of perfectly prepared skiing slopes and 61 km of cross-country skiing trails. Furthermore, the area is ideal for winter hiking and tobogganing adventures. The nearby Königssee lake is a perfect for curling and/or ice skating: www.skiwelt.de
- Reit im Winkel / Steinplatte / Winkelmoosalm: Distance: 68 km; Drive: 1 h. This mountain range is well-known for its wonderful combination of snow guarantee and winter sunshine. Enjoy the spectacular view of the jagged Kaisergebirge mountains.
These skiing areas are sure to offer exactly what you are looking for. Contact the Romantik Hotel GMACHL team today and book your ski holidays in Salzburg!