Beautiful Salzburg attractions
Day trip suggestions for sightseeing in Salzburg
You really shouldn’t miss out on a tour through the festival city of Salzburg during your holiday at the Romantik Hotel GMACHL. The town offers sights to suit every taste with many astonishing attractions in Salzburg and its surroundings.
Let the charm of Mozart’s historic hometown enchant you. Here is a selection of sightseeing highlights:
- Mozart's Birthplace: www.mozarteum.at
- Hohensalzburg Fortress: www.hohensalzburg.com
- Salzburg Residence Palace: www.salzburg-burgen.at
- Palace Hellbrunn and Trick Fountains: www.hellbrunn.at
- Zoo Salzburg: www.salzburg-zoo.at
- Palace Mirabell with gardens: www.salzburg.info
- Salzburg Festival Quarters: www.salzburgerfestspiele.at
- Salzburg Cathedral: www.salzburger-dom.at
- Abbey St. Peter: www.stift-stpeter.at
- Salzburg Museum: www.salzburgmuseum.at
- Neue Residenz (New Residence): www.salzburgmuseum.at
- MDM Mönchsberg und Rupertinum (Museum of Modern Art): www.museumdermoderne.at
- Cathedral Museum: www.domquartier.at
- Haus der Natur (House of Nature): www.hausdernatur.at
Sightseeing tours in Salzburg
Why not explore Salzburg during a horse carriage ride or a boat trip?
- Fiaker rides (Horse-drawn carriages): www.fiaker-salzburg.at
- City tours on the "Hop on hop off" bus: www.salzburg-sightseeingtours.at
- Boat trip on the Salzach river on the "Amadeus Salzburg“: www.salzburghighlights.at
- The Sound of Salzburg – show based on the world-famous "The Sound of Music“: www.soundofsalzburg.info
- Helios helicopter tours: www.helios.at
More day trip destinations in Salzburg
- Salzburg Open Air Museum in Grossgmain: www.freilichtmuseum.com
- Ice caves in Werfen: www.eisriesenwelt.at
- Grossglockner high alpine road: www.grossglockner.at
- Alpine water reservoirs in Kaprun: www.verbund.com
Explore the most beautiful day trip destinations and sights in Salzburg. Let the beauty of Mozart's historic hometown surprise you again and again!
Would like to pay the city of Salzburg a visit? Send your non-binding holiday enquiry to the Romantik Hotel GMACHL today and look forward to experiencing the countless attractions Salzburg has to offer.